Lesson Title: The Earth-Moon System
Grade Range: 7+
Format: 1080x810 30 fps MP4 H.264
RT = 1:45
Content: This 2-scene animation shows several aspects of the Earth-Moon orbital system, including ...
• Earth-Moon system to scale as seen from 1 million km out in space.
• The Moon keeps the same side facing Earth throughout its monthly orbit.
• Both Earth and Moon simultaneously orbit the barycenter of this 2-body system.
• Lunar gravity creates a tidal bulge on Earth that follows the Moon as it moves.
• One orbit of the Moon (one month) takes 29.5 rotations (days) of Earth.
Get the video plus the Teachers Notes (4 pages) for US $2.